Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-161
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 9 February 2016
Ottawa, 28 April 2016
WIN HDTV (Canada) Inc.
Addition of Charming China Entertainment to the List of non-Canadian programming services and stations authorized for distribution
- The Commission approves the application from WIN HDTV (Canada) Inc. (WIN HDTV), acting as Canadian sponsor, to add Charming China Entertainment to the List of non-Canadian programming services and stations authorized for distribution (the list). The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application. The revised list can be found on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca and may be obtained in hard copy on request.
- WIN HDTV described Charming China Entertainment as a 24-hour general interest Mandarin-language service featuring popular entertainment programs from CCTV and other leading satellite TV stations in mainland China. Its programming includes entertainment news, reality TV, games, sports, talk shows, programs on family life and dating shows. Its target audience will be primarily the Mandarin-speaking community.
- As set out in Broadcasting Public Notices 2004-96 and 2008-100, requests to add non-Canadian general interest third-language services to the list are generally approved, subject to any requirements the Commission deems appropriate.
- Regulatory frameworks for broadcasting distribution undertakings and discretionary programming services – Regulatory policy, Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2008-100, 30 October 2008
- Improving the diversity of third-language television services – A revised approach to assessing requests to add non-Canadian third-language television services to the lists of eligible satellite services for distribution on a digital basis, Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2004-96, 16 December 2004
- Date modified: