ARCHIVED - Telecom Procedural Letter Addressed to Distribution List
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 17 November 2015
File number: 8661-Q15-201506966
To: Distribution List
Re: Questions following Quebecor’s Part 1 Application ordering Bell Canada and its subsidiaries to comply with Prohibition of 30 day cancellation policies
Dear Sir or Madam:
On 3 July 2015, Québecor Média filed a Part 1 applicationFootnote 1 requesting that the Commission direct Bell Canada to stop billing customers as of the date that a client requests the termination of local voice, internet, or wireless services as, it submits, is required in Prohibition of 30-day cancellation policiesFootnote 2 (the Policy) and the Wireless CodeFootnote 3 (the Code).
In light of the information raised on the record, staff requests that parties address:
- How would cancellation of a prepaid bundle of services be treated by a service provider if:
- Some cancelled services are required to be refunded on a pro-rated basis and others are not?
- Only some of the services in a bundle are cancelled, but not the entire bundle and the cancelled services are required to be refunded on a pro-rated basis? What if the cancelled services are not required to be refunded on a pro-rated basis?
- Would it not be in customers’ and the service providers’ best interest – from a clarity and simplification of process perspective - to have symmetry in the application of the Policy between all services that can be part of a bundle? Provide your rationale from both perspectives.
All parties may file a response to this request no later than 30 November 2015.
This letter and all subsequent correspondence form part of a public record. As set out in Broadcasting and Telecom Information Bulletin 2010-961, Procedures for filing confidential information and requesting its disclosure in Commission proceedings, parties may designate certain information as confidential. Parties must provide an abridged version of the document involved, accompanied by a detailed rationale to explain why the disclosure of the information is not in the public interest.
All submissions are to be made in accordance with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure, SOR/2010-277.Footnote 4
Should you have any questions concerning any of the above, please contact Guillaume Leclerc by telephone at 819-934-4342 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
ORIGINAL SIGNED BY/
Director, Social and Consumer Policy
Consumer Affairs and Strategic Policy
cc: Guillaume Leclerc, email@example.com
- Bell Canada, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bragg Communications Inc., email@example.com
- CAC- PIAC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Québecor Média, email@example.com
- TELUS Communications Company, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeffrey.smith@TELUS.com
- Footnote 1
Application ordering Bell Canada and its subsidiaries cease to charge a fee for monthly service from the date receiving a notice of termination, 8661-Q15-201506966, the record of which is available on the Commission’s website: https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/TransferToWeb/2015/8661-Q15-201506966.zip
- Footnote 2
Prohibition of 30-day cancellation policies, Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2014-576, http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-576.htm
- Footnote 3
The Wireless Code, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2013-271, http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2013/2013-271.htm
- Footnote 4
- Date modified: