ARCHIVED - Telecom Procedural Letter Addressed to Distribution List
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 11 September 2015
Our reference: 8661-P8-201510199, 8622-V42-201510735
Re: Part I Applications under the Telecommunications Act regarding Vidéotron’s Unlimited Music service
Dear Madam, Sir:
On 1 September 2015 the Commission received an application pursuant to Part I of the CRTC Rules of Practice and Procedure (“Part 1 application”) from the Consumers’ Association of Canada, the Council of Senior Citizens’ Organizations of British Columbia, and the Public Interest Advocacy Centre (collectively the Consumer Groups) regarding the billing practices of Quebecor Media and its wholly owned subsidiary Vidéotron (collectively Vidéotron) with respect to Vidéotron’s Unlimited Music service.
On 4 September 2015 the Commission received a Part 1 application from Vaxination Informatique (Vaxination) alleging, among other things, that Vidéotron through its Unlimited Music service, had breached the Telecommunications Act.
In a letter dated 8 September 2015, Benjamin Klass requested that the two applications be examined in a single proceeding. The following procedural amendments were also requested:
- Issue requests for information in the form of interrogatories to Vidéotron concerning the details of the service including the terms on which it is offered to retail customers, the affiliation agreements Vidéotron enters into with third-party streaming providers, and the technical treatment of Unlimited Music traffic on Vidéotron’s network;
- Make certain online audio providers party to the proceeding, including both of those which are affiliated with Vidéotron and those which are not; and
- Expand the process to allow interveners to file comments during the reply phase.
On 9 September 2015 the Commission received comments from Vidéotron and Vaxination regarding the proposed procedural changes.
Persons who wish to file comments with regard to the proposed procedural changes may do so by 15 September 2015, serving copies on all other persons identified in the distribution list. Comments must be received, and not merely sent, by that date.
Original signed by
Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Research
- Benjamin Klass, email@example.com
- Vaxination Informatique, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consumers’ Association of Canada, the Council of Senior Citizens’ Organization of British Columbia, and the Public Advocacy Centre, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bell Canada email@example.com
- Bell Aliant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rogers, email@example.com
- TELUS firstname.lastname@example.org
- SaskTel, email@example.com
- MTS Allstream, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastlink, email@example.com
- Tbaytel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independent Telephone Providers Association, email@example.com
- Vidéotron, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Globalive Wireless Management Corp., email@example.com
- Data & Audio Visual Enterprises Wireless Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canadian Network Operators Consortium, email@example.com
- Canadian Cable Systems Alliance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cogeco Cable, email@example.com
- Shaw Cable, Regulatory@sjrb.ca
- Fenwick McKelvey, Concordia University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steven James May, Ryerson University, email@example.com
- Samuelson‐Glushko Canadian Internet Policy & Public Interest Clinic, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- David Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teresa Murphy, email@example.com
- Date modified: