ARCHIVED - Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Dallas C. Yeulett (Northwestel Inc.)
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 28 May 2015
Our reference: 8640-N1-201502493
Mr. Dallas C. Yeulett
Senior Manager, Regulatory Compliance
PO Box 2727
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 4Y4
Re: Northwestel Inc. – Forbearance from the regulation of retail directory assistance services – Request for further information
Dear Mr. Yeulett,
In a letter dated 7 May 2015, Commission staff requested Northwestel Inc. (Northwestel) to provide answers to a request for information regarding the company’s application for the forbearance from the regulation of its retail directory assistance (DA) services. Northwestel provided its answers on 21 May 2015.
Northwestel is requested to provide comprehensive answers, including any supporting information and rationale, to the attached request for further information by 11 June 2015.
Original signed by
A/Director, Competition and Emergency Service Policy
c.c. Sylvie Labbé, CRTC, 819-953-4945, email@example.com
Attachment - Request for further information
- Refer to responses to interrogatories NWTEL(CRTC)07May15_02 and NWTEL(CRTC)07May15_03 where Northwestel provided information with respect to its local and long distance DA services.
- Provide the methodology and assumptions, including supporting rationale, used to develop these responses.
- Indicate whether any local and/or long distance DA calls were made by Northwestel’s residential local exchange service subscribers in Alberta in 2014. If yes, provide the information requested in the interrogatories mentioned above for Alberta in 2014.
- Refer to the response to interrogatory NWTEL(CRTC)07May15_04 where the company indicated that it could not identify accurately what local exchange service subscribers also subscribe to mobile wireless and/or Internet services.
For each territory and province where Northwestel provide local exchange services, provide estimates for 2014, broken down by residential and business local exchange subscribers, for the following:
- the number of Northwestel’s local exchange service subscribers who subscribe to mobile wireless services;
- the number of Northwestel’s local exchange service subscribers who subscribe to Internet services;
- the number of Northwestel’s local exchange service subscribers who subscribe to both mobile wireless and Internet services; and
- the number of Northwestel’s local exchange service subscribers who neither subscribe to wireless service nor to Internet services.
The response should include the methodology and assumptions, including supporting rationale, used to develop these estimates.
- As part of its 21 May 2015 filing, Northwestel resubmitted Attachment 1 from its original application to correct errors in the total revenues and DA calls for 2014.
Provide the methodology and assumptions, including supporting rationale, used to develop these revised numbers.
- Date modified: