ARCHIVED - Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Beverley Milligan (Media Access Canada)
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 15 May 2015
Our Reference: 8665-B2-201413343 and 4754-485
DELIVERED BY EMAIL
Ms. Beverley Milligan
CEO, Media Access Canada
110 Pricefield Road
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1Z9
RE: Application for costs award with respect to the participation of Media Access Canada in the Follow-up to Telecom Decision 2014-527 - Show cause regarding the application to Improve the Accessibility of Mobile Telecommunications Devices and Services at Bell Canada
Dear Ms. Milligan:
On 4 April 2015, Media Access Canada (MAC) filed an application for costs with respect to its participation in the Follow-up to Telecom Decision 2014-527 - Show cause regarding the application to Improve the Accessibility of Mobile Telecommunications Devices and Services at Bell Canada.
The purpose of this letter is to request additional information relating to MAC’s application for costs. MAC is requested to provide the following information:
- Pursuant to section 66(3) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure (the Rules of Procedure), a costs applicant must serve the application on all other parties.Footnote 1 It appears that your application may not have been served. If you have not already done so, please serve your application on all parties to the following proceeding: Bell Canada and Bell Mobility Inc., Follow-up to Telecom Decision 2014-427 – Show cause regarding the application to Improve the Accessibility of Mobile Telecommunications Devices and Services at Bell Canada (8665-B2-201413343). Service of the application on all parties is important because it provides those parties with notice of the claim for costs, and a chance to respond. Once you have served the application, please confirm service by filing proof of service with the Commission, including the date on which each party was served.
- Pursuant to section 68 of the Rules of Procedure, the Commission determines whether to award final costs on the basis of the following criteria:
- whether the applicant had, or was the representative of a group or a class of subscribers that had, an interest in the outcome of the proceeding;
- the extent to which the applicant assisted the Commission in developing a better understanding of the matters that were considered; and
- whether the applicant participated in the proceeding in a responsible way.
Please indicate in detail how the MAC has satisfied the Commission’s criteria for an award of costs.
- Pursuant to Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-963 and in particular paragraph 8 of the Guidelines for the Assessment of Costs, which are attached to that decision, MAC is required to file, as part of its costs application, detailed and accurate accounts of the costs claimed, recorded on Summary Sheets in Form III (for consultants and analysts). Please complete Form IIIFootnote 2 and file it with the Commission.
The requested information is to be filed with the Commission by 1 June 2015. A copy of this letter and all related correspondence will be added to the public record of the proceeding.
Pursuant to section 67 of the Rules of Procedure, potential costs respondents have ten days from the date the application is filed to file an answer to the application. In order to give potential cost respondents a fair opportunity to respond the application and the additional information you will provide, the period for filing a response is extended until 11 June 2015.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at (613) 608-8368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
original signed by
cc: Distribution list for Bell Canada and Bell Mobility, Inc. - Follow-up to Telecom Decision 2014-427 – Show cause regarding the application to Improve the Accessibility of Mobile Telecommunications Devices and Services at Bell Canada
- Date modified: