ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-503
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 4 September 2015
Ottawa, 12 November 2015
Atop Broadband Corp.
Greater Toronto Area (majority of), Ontario
Terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertaking serving the majority of the Greater Toronto Area – Licence amendment
- The Commission approves an application by Atop Broadband Corp. to amend the broadcasting licence for its terrestrial broadcasting distribution undertaking (BDU) serving the majority of the Greater Toronto Area to be authorized to carry WNLO-TV and WNYO-TV Buffalo, New York, on a discretionary basis. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The licensee requested this authorization to remain competitive with other BDUs that offer these programming services.
- The authorization to distribute the above programming services, as requested by the licensee, is consistent with authorizations previously granted by the Commission in similar cases.
- Accordingly, Atop Broadband Corp.’s terrestrial BDU serving the majority of the Greater Toronto Area is hereby subject to the following condition of licence:
- The licensee is authorized to distribute, on a discretionary basis, WNLO-TV and WNYO-TV Buffalo, New York.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: