Telecom Decision CRTC 2015-165
Ottawa, 29 April 2015
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
CISC Business Process Working Group - Consensus report BPRE083f regarding a Service Provider Operations Agreement template
- Following the implementation of wireless number portability in 2007, the Business Process Working Group (BPWG) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) developed the Intercarrier Number Portability Operations Agreement (INPOA) template, for use by local exchange carriers and wireless service providers in relation to the porting of telephone numbers.
- In The customer transfer process and related issues, Broadcasting and Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-191, 18 March 2011, the Commission set out measures to simplify the process when customers wish to change the provider from which they receive telecommunications (including Internet) services and/or broadcasting services. Under these measures, a new service provider that the customer has selected is able to cancel service from the current provider on the customer’s behalf.
- As a result of these measures, the BPWG reviewed the INPOA template, included amendments to address the needs of Internet service providers and broadcasting distribution undertakings, and renamed the template “Service Provider Operations Agreement” (SPOA).
On 28 January 2015, the BPWG submitted the following consensus report, including its proposed SPOA template, for Commission approval:
- Service Provider Operations Agreement Version 1.0 (BPRE083f)
- The consensus report can be found in the “Reports” section of the BPWG page, which is available in the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
Commission’s analysis and determinations
- The Commission considers that the proposed SPOA template takes into account the Commission’s determinations related to the cancellation of Internet and television services. The Commission also considers that renaming the template “SPOA” is appropriate, since the template is no longer limited to telephone number porting arrangements.
- The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report and SPOA template.
- Date modified: