ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-281
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 applications posted on 20 December 2013
Ottawa, 28 may 2014
Golden West Broadcasting Ltd.
Applications 2013-1750-4, 2013-1751-1 and 2013-1752-9
CJSL, CKSE-FM and CHSN-FM Estevan – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the applications by Golden West Broadcasting Ltd. to change the authorized contours of the radio programming undertakings CJSL, CKSE-FM and CHSN-FM Estevan, Saskatchewan, as follows:
- CJSL: the transmitter will be relocated and the frequency changed from 1280 to 1150 kHz; and
- CKSE-FM and CHSN-FM: the transmitters will be relocated and their effective height above average terrain increased from 70.8 to 133.8 metres.
- The licensee explained that the transmission site for its three stations in Estevan must be changed as it was located on top of a major coal deposit owned by SaskPower, which had asked the licensee to vacate the land so that the excavation of the deposit might continue.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
- The Commission reminds the licensee that pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates will be issued.
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: