ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-257
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 21 May 2014
Trafalgar Broadcasting Limited
Application 2013-1618-3, received 14 November 2013
CJMR Mississauga – Licence renewal
- The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the commercial ethnic AM radio programming undertaking CJMR Mississauga, Ontario, from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62, as amended from time to time, and continue to adhere to the following conditions of licence:
During each broadcast week, the licensee shall provide programming directed to a minimum of 11 cultural groups in a minimum of 15 different languages.
The licensee shall devote not more than 62% of each broadcast week to the broadcast of brokered ethnic programming.
- Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licence renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
- In accordance with Public Notice 1992-59, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
- Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: