ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-17
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 7 October 2013
Ottawa, 23 January 2014
Whitecourt and Fox Creek, Alberta
CFXW-FM Whitecourt – New transmitter at Fox Creek
1. The Commission approves the application by Newcap Inc. (Newcap) to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CFXW-FM Whitecourt, Alberta, to operate a transmitter at Fox Creek. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
2. The new transmitter will operate at 98.1 MHz (channel 251A) with an average effective radiated power of 610 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 59.5 metres).
3. Newcap indicated that it wishes to serve the community of Fox Creek with a clear radio signal.
4. The Commission reminds the licensee that pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
5. The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 23 January 2016. To ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: