ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-144
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 26 March 2014
Golden West Broadcasting Ltd.
The application numbers are set out in the decision.
CJPG-FM Portage la Prairie and CHSN-FM Estevan – Licence renewals
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the English-language commercial radio programming undertakings set out below from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021.
2. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62, as amended from time to time.
|Call sign||Application number and date received|
|CJPG-FM Portage la Prairie, MB||2013-1524-2
7 November 2013
|CHSN-FM Estevan, SK||2013-1526-8
7 November 2013
3. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
4. As noted in Broadcasting Decision 2010-872, CJPG-FM was found in non-compliance in its previous licence term with its requirements relating to Canadian content development contributions. The Commission notes that this station has been found in compliance with its regulatory requirements over the current licence term. The Commission therefore finds it appropriate to renew the licence for a full seven-year term.
5. Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licences renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
6. Because this licensee is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Employment and Social Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
- CJPG-FM Portage la Prairie – Licence renewal, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-872, 24 November 2010
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: