ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2014-141
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2014-56
Ottawa, 25 March 2014
Larche Communications Inc.
Various locations in Ontario
The application numbers are set out in the decision.
Various commercial radio stations – Licence renewals
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licences for the English-language commercial radio programming undertakings set out below from 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2021. The Commission received interventions in support of these applications.
|Call sign||Application and date received|
|CICX-FM Orillia, ON|| 2013-1444-2 |
4 November 2013
|CICZ-FM Midland, ON|| 2013-1446-8 |
4 November 2013
|CJOS-FM Owen Sound, ON|| 2013-1447-6 |
4 November 2013
2. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions of licence set out in Broadcasting Regulatory Policy 2009-62, as amended from time to time. In addition, CJOS-FM shall adhere to the following condition of licence:
In order to fulfill its original commitment to Canadian content development (CCD) set out in Appendix 2 to Licensing of a new radio station to serve Owen Sound, Ontario, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-100, 9 May 2008, the licensee shall, in addition to any contributions required under section 15 of the Radio Regulations, 1986, as amended from time to time, contribute the following amounts to CCD:
- $49,000 in each of the 2013-2014, 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 broadcast years, to be allocated as follows:
- $19,400 to FACTOR; and
- $29,600 to an eligible CCD initiative as described in paragraph 108 of Commercial Radio Policy 2006, Broadcasting Public Notice CRTC 2006-158, 15 December 2006, as amended from time to time.
- $44,917 in the 2016-2017 broadcast year, pro-rated from the first year of operation.
3. As noted in Broadcasting Decision 2010-858, CICX-FM was found in non-compliance in its previous licence term with its condition of licence relating to contributions to CCD. The Commission notes that this station had been found in compliance with its regulatory requirements over the current licence term. The Commission therefore finds it appropriate to renew the licence for a full seven-year term.
4. Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the broadcasting licences renewed in this decision will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificates issued by the Department of Industry lapse.
5. In accordance with Public Notice 1992-59, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
- CICX-FM Orillia – Licence renewal, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-858, 19 November 2010
- Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009
- Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992
*This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: