ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-720
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2013-602
Ottawa, 19 December 2013
Cogeco Diffusion inc.
Lévis, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières, Gatineau, Saint-Jérôme, Val-Morin and Mont-Tremblant, Quebec
Application 2013-1417-9, received 25 October 2013
Public hearing in the National Capital Region
22 November 2013
CFOM-FM Lévis, CKOY-FM Sherbrooke, CKOB-FM Trois-Rivières, CKOF-FM Gatineau, and CIME-FM Saint-Jérôme and its transmitters CIME-FM-1 Val-Morin and CIME-FM-2 Mont-Tremblant – Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization)
1. The Commission approves an application by Cogeco Diffusion inc. for authority to acquire from Cogeco Diffusion Acquisitions inc., as part of a corporate reorganization, the assets of the radio programming undertakings CFOM-FM Lévis, CKOY-FM Sherbrooke, CKOB-FM Trois-Rivières, CKOF-FM Gatineau, and CIME-FM Saint-Jérôme and its transmitters CIME-FM-1 Val-Morin and CIME-FM-2 Mont-Tremblant, and for new broadcasting licences to continue the operation of the undertakings under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licences. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
2. Cogeco Diffusion inc. is wholly owned by Cogeco Diffusion Acquisitions inc., which in turn is wholly owned by Cogeco inc.
3. Following the corporate reorganization approved in this decision, Cogeco Diffusion inc. will become the licensee of the above-mentioned undertakings.
4. This corporate reorganization does not affect the effective control of the undertakings.
5. Upon surrender of the current licences issued to Cogeco Diffusion Acquisitions inc., the Commission will issue new broadcasting licences to Cogeco Diffusion inc. to operate the undertakings set out above under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licences.
* This decision is to be appended to each licence.
- Date modified: