ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-651
This page has been archived on the Web
Route reference: 2013-322
Ottawa, 4 December 2013
Mennonite Community Services of Southern Ontario
Application 2013-0144-9, received 25 January 2013
CHPD-FM Aylmer – Licence renewal
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the ethnic radio programming undertaking CHPD-FM Aylmer, Ontario, from 1 January 2014 to 31 August 2020. The terms and conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision.
2. The Commission received interventions in support of this application.
3. In Broadcasting Decision 2010-426, the Commission renewed CHPD-FM’s licence for a short-term period of three years, given the station’s non-compliance with section 9(2) of the Radio Regulations, 1986 relating to the filing of annual returns for the 2003-2004 and 2005-2006 to 2007-2008 broadcast years. The Commission notes that these non-compliance issues have been resolved. In addition, the Commission notes that in the last licence term, the licensee was in compliance with its regulatory requirements.
4. Pursuant to section 22 of the Broadcasting Act, the Commission reminds the licensee that the broadcasting licence will cease to have any force or effect if the broadcasting certificate issued by the Department of Industry lapses.
- Various radio programming undertakings – Administrative renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-418, 19 August 2013
- CHPD-FM Aylmer - Licence renewal and amendment, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2010-426, 30 June 2010
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-651
Terms, conditions of licence and encouragement for the ethnic radio programming undertaking CHPD-FM Aylmer, Ontario
The licence will expire 31 August 2020.
Conditions of licence
1. The licensee shall adhere to the conditions set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009, as amended from time to time, with the exception of condition of licence 7, as well as condition of licence 8, which does not apply to stations operating in a single-station market.
2. The station shall be operated within the Specialty format as defined in A review of certain matters concerning radio, Public Notice CRTC 1995-60, 21 April 1995, and Revised content categories and subcategories for radio, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-819, 5 November 2010, as amended from time to time.
3. The licensee shall devote at least 90% of all musical selections broadcast each broadcast week to selections drawn from content category 3 (Special Interest Music).
4. The licensee shall use the station solely for the purpose of providing programming in the German language.
5. The licensee shall not broadcast more than six minutes of advertising material during each clock hour.
In accordance with Implementation of an employment equity policy, Public Notice CRTC 1992-59, 1 September 1992, the Commission encourages the licensee to consider employment equity issues in its hiring practices and in all other aspects of its management of human resources.
 1 July 2010 to 31 August 2013
- Date modified: