ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2013-591
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 6 November 2013
CISC consensus report – Canadian International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) Assignment Guideline (CNRE096A)
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. On 7 June 2013, the Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering (CSCN) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval:
- Canadian International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) Assignment Guideline, 22 May 2013 (CNRE096A)
2. This consensus report can be found in the “Reports” section of the CSCN page, which is available in the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
3. The CSCN noted that it updated the Guideline to reflect changes to terminology and to implement administrative changes. The updated Guideline also includes updates that, among other things, allow the reservation of numbers in certain special circumstances, including the temporary needs of wireless networks based on the Global System for Mobile and Code Division Multiple Access and the needs of public safety operators.
4. The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report.
- Date modified: