ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2013-582
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 31 October 2013
CISC Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering – Consensus report CNRE100A – Canadian Adjunct to the Industry Numbering Committee Carrier Identification Code Assignment Guidelines
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. The Canadian Adjunct to the INC [Industry Numbering Committee] Carrier Identification Code (CIC) Assignment Guidelines was developed by the Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering (CSCN) to ensure that Canadian regulatory requirements and geographically unique circumstances are considered in the administrative processes of the INC CIC Assignment Guidelines (ATIS-0300050, dated 18 September 2009).
2. On 11 July 2013, the CSCN submitted the following consensus report for Commission approval, which modifies the Canadian Adjunct to the INC CIC Assignment Guidelines to clarify the Canadian Numbering Administrator’s role in the assignment of CICs in the North American Numbering Plan area:
- Canadian Adjunct to the INC Carrier Identification Code (CIC) Assignment Guidelines, 11 July 2013 (CNRE100A)
3. This consensus report can be found in the “Reports” section of the CSCN page, which is available in the CISC section of the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
4. The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report, which is to be used only with the 2009 version of the INC CIC Assignment Guidelines.
 CICs are four-digit numeric codes that provide routing and billing information for calls from end-users via trunk-side connections to interexchange carriers and other entities.
- Date modified: