ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-194
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2013-13-1
Ottawa, 22 April 2013
Blue Ant Television Ltd.
Application 2012-1476-7, received 22 November 2012
Public hearing in the National Capital Region
20 March 2013
bold – Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization)
1. The Commission approves the application by Blue Ant Media Inc., on behalf of Blue Ant Television Ltd., for authority to acquire from Blue Ant Media Solutions Inc. and 8182493 Canada Inc., partners in a general partnership carrying on business as Blue Ant Media Partnership (Blue Ant Media Partnership), as part of a corporate reorganization, the assets of bold, and for a broadcasting licence to continue the operation of the undertaking under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. As a result of the transaction, Blue Ant Television Ltd., controlled by Michael MacMillan, will become the licensee of bold.
3. The Commission notes that this corporate reorganization will not affect the effective control of bold, which will continue to be exercised by Michael MacMillan.
4. Upon surrender of the current licence issued to Blue Ant Media Partnership, the Commission will issue a new broadcasting licence to Blue Ant Television Ltd. to operate the national, English-language specialty Category A service bold under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence.
* This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: