ARCHIVED - Letter
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 25 July 2012
File Nos: 8740-T66-201208348
Mr. Hal Reirson
Senior Regulatory Advisor
TELUS Communications Company
30-10020-100 Street NW
RE: Tariff Notices 437, 642 and 4355
On 13 July 2012, the Commission received three applications by TELUS Communications Company (TCC or the company) under cover of Tariff Notices 437, 642 and 4355, in which the company proposed revisions to its General Tariffs CRTC 21461, CRTC 18001 and CRTC 1005 to eliminate a number of service charges. TCC requested approval of the tariff applications by 31 August 2012, with a proposed effective date of 23 September 2012.
In reviewing the tariff applications, Commission staff has identified the following errors:
Regarding the cover letter
• The cover letter was dated 13 July 2011. It should have been dated 13 July 2012.
Regarding the description page
• The description page indicated that the company proposed an amendment to item 129 of Tariff CRTC 18001. It should have indicated that an amendment to item 310 was proposed.
Regarding Tariff Notice 437, proposed tariff page 129-4 of Tariff CRTC 21461
• The proposed tariff page is identified as the 5th revised page. It should have been identified as the 6th revised page. The 5th revision to the page was made in previous TCC Tariff Notice 431.
• The monthly rates identified on the proposed tariff page for business customers did not reflect amendments that were made in previous TCC Tariff Notice 431.
Regarding Tariff Notices 437 and 642, all proposed tariff pages
• The effective date was identified as 23 September 2011. It should have been identified as 23 September 2012.
Commission staff notes that corrections to the errors identified above will be required prior to the Commission’s consideration of the applications. Consequently, TCC is requested to file amended tariff applications with the Commission no later than 31 July 2012.
On that basis, the Commission intends to dispose of Tariff Notices 437, 642 and 4355, along with all associated subsequent revisions, within 45 business days of receipt of complete applications. However, in the event that the Commission does not receive TCC’s amended tariff applications by 31 July 2012, the files will be closed without a Commission determination.
‘Original signed by M. Murray’
Director, Regulatory Implementation
c.c.: Imen Arfaoui, CRTC, (819) 997-4663, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: