ARCHIVED - Letter
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Mr Craig Ellis
Radio Operations Manager
Northern Native Broadcasting Ltd
4562 B Queensway Drive
Terrace, BC V8G 3A2
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: 2012-0090-7–transmitter addition for CFNR-FM Terrace
Dear Mr. Ellis,
This is in reference to your application for a technical amendment to the broadcasting licence for the analog radio programming undertaking CFNR-FM Terrace in order to add a new FM transmitter at Prince George, BC.
- The Commission has audited the licensee’s compliance with section 9(2) of the Radio Regulations, 1986 (the Regulations) and our records indicate the following:
- the annual returns for the 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 broadcast years were not filed with the Commission; and
- letters dated 22 January and 28 September of 2010, and 29 April 2011 were sent to CFNR-FM to remind the licensee to submit its annual return as well as advising of a possible breach to section 9 (2) of the Regulations.
In light of the above, it would appear that CFNR-FM may have failed to comply with section 9(2) of the Regulations relating to the submission of its annual returns for the 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 broadcast years.
In Broadcasting Information Bulletin CRTC 2011-347, the Commission set out a revised approach to non-compliance and indicated that "Each instance of non-compliance will be evaluated in its context and in light of factors such as the quantity, recurrence and seriousness of the non-compliance."
- Please explain, based on the foregoing, the circumstances of this apparent non-compliance.
- What measures have been put in place to ensure future compliance at all times?
- Please provide your plans so as to ensure compliance with regards to the submission of your annual reports.
- Please comment on the possibility of the Commission denying the present application based on these instances of apparent non-compliance.
The information requested herein should be received by the Commission no later than 31 July 2012, failing which, your application may be returned to be completed and resubmitted with the Commission should you wish to pursue this proposal.
Considering the above request, the timetable for the proceeding is changed as follows:
|Subject||Posted Date||Deadlines |
|Part 1||Northern Native broadcasting Limited |
Technical amendment – transmitter addition
Open application for applicant contact information.
|3 February 2012||5 March 2012 |
10 August 2012
A copy of this letter and all related correspondence will be added to the public record of the proceeding.
You are reminded that applicants are required to file their applications, related documents and related correspondence electronically using Access Key.
Should you need further information concerning your application, please do not hesitate to contact me by telephone at (819) 997-4641 or by fax at 819-994-0218.
CRTC Radio Analyst
Broadcasting - Radio
- Date modified: