ARCHIVED - Letter
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
By E-mail: email@example.com
Ottawa, 19 January 2012
Mr. Jean-Yves Roux
Fondateur 2385 Henri-Bourassa Est
2385 Henri-Bourassa Est
Suite 302, Montréal (Québec)
Subject: Applications 2011-1072-5 (CNV – Canal Nouvelle Vision) and
2011-1209-4 (Channel New Victory / CNV)
This is in reference to the applications by Jean-Yves Roux (OBCI) for a broadcasting licence to operate a national, French-language specialty Category B service to be known as “CNV – Canal Nouvelle Vision” and for a broadcasting licence to operate a national, English-language specialty Category B service to be known as Channel New Victory / CNV.
Section 28(1)(a) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure provides that the Commission may request parties to file information, particulars or documents where needed.
1. On paragraph 5.2 of your applications, Jean-Yves Roux (OBCI) seeks the authority to broadcast up to 50% of category 8(b) and 50% of category 8(c). Do you seek to broadcast a maximum of 50% for categories 8(b) and 8(c) combined?
2. Please justify the request of Jean-Yves Roux (OBCI) for the authority to broadcast more than the standard limit of 10% of the broadcasting month for categories 8(b) and 8(c) combined.
3. Please justify the request by Jean-Yves Roux (OBCI) for the authority to broadcast up to a maximum of 15% of category 7 whereas the standard normalized limit for category 7(d) is 10% of broadcasting month.
4. Please provide a definition for “Christian music”
In relation to application 2011-1072-5 (CNV- Canal Nouvelle Vision)
5. Does Jean-Yves Roux (OBCI) commit to ensure that French-language videoclips play the key role in CNC- Canal Nouvelle Vision videoclip programming?
6. Please comment on the appropriateness for the Commission to impose a condition of licence pertaining to the broadcast of a minimum percentage of the total number of music video clips distributed by “CNV- Canal nouvelle Vision” during each broadcast month that should be in the French language.
7. If the Commission were to impose such a condition of licence, please provide the minimum percentage of the total number of music video clips that would be distributed by “CNV – Canal Nouvelle Vision” during each broadcast month in French language.
You are required to provide the information noted above on the public record by no later than 26 January 2012.
A copy of this letter and your reply will be added to your application to be made available for public examination.
Please be reminded that applicants are required to file their applications, related documents and related correspondence electronically using Access key at the following link http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/g100.htm
Should you need further information concerning this application, please contact me by telephone at 819-997-4608 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Policy Analyst
Policy and Applications - French-Language Television
- Date modified: