ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-707
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 21 December 2012
TELUS Communications Company – Withdrawal of service bundles
File number: Tariff Notice 446
1. The Commission received an application from TELUS Communications Company (TCC), dated 12 October 2012, in which the company proposed to withdraw its General Tariff items 300.4B – Call Director Package and 318 – Business Value Bundle Plus, effective 30 November 2012.
2. TCC submitted that there are no customers subscribing to these service bundles, noting that all customers have migrated to other services that offer greater flexibility and more attractive rates.
3. The Commission approved TCC’s application on an interim basis in Telecom Order 2012-595.
4. The Commission did not receive any comments regarding TCC’s application. The public record of this proceeding, which closed on 23 November 2012, is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file number provided above.
5. The Commission notes that since no customers currently subscribe to these service bundles, customer notification was not required. The Commission considers that TCC has complied with the requirements set out in Telecom Decision 2008-22, in which the Commission revised its procedures for dealing with applications to destandardize and/or withdraw tariffed services.
6. Accordingly, the Commission considers that TCC’s proposal to withdraw its Call Director and Business Value Bundle Plus service bundles is acceptable.
7. In light of the above, the Commission approves on a final basis TCC’s application.
- Telecom Order CRTC 2012-595, 29 October 2012
- Mandatory customer contract renewal notification and requirements for service destandardization/withdrawal, Telecom Decision CRTC 2008-22, 6 March 2008
- Date modified: