ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-69
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 2 February 2012
TELUS Communications Company – Withdrawal of Customer Specific Business Local Access Service
File number: Tariff Notice 420
1. The Commission received an application by TELUS Communications Company (TCC), dated 29 November 2011, proposing to withdraw its Special Facilities Tariff item 213 – Customer Specific Business Local Access Service (B.C. Only).
2. TCC indicated that the time period during which this service was available has passed and that there are no longer any customers subscribing to it.
3. In Telecom Order 2011-769, the Commission approved TCC’s application on an interim basis, effective 16 January 2012.
4. The Commission received no comments regarding this application. The public record of this proceeding, which closed on 27 January 2012, is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file number provided above.
5. The Commission notes that since no customers currently subscribe to this service, a customer notice is not required. The Commission considers that TCC has complied with the requirements set out in Telecom Decision 2008-22, which revised the procedures for applications dealing with destandardization and/or withdrawal of tariffed services.
6. Accordingly, the Commission considers that TCC’s proposal to withdraw its Customer Specific Business Local Access Service is acceptable.
7. In light of the above, the Commission approves on a final basis TCC’s application, effective the date of this order.
- Telecom Order CRTC 2011-769, 13 December 2011
- Mandatory customer contract renewal notification and requirements for service destandardization/withdrawal, Telecom Decision CRTC 2008-22, 6 March 2008
- Date modified: