ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-67
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 2 February 2012
Bell Canada – Withdrawal of Customer Specific Arrangement
File number: Tariff Notice 920 (NST)
1. The Commission received an application from Bell Canada, dated 17 November 2011, in which the company proposed revisions to its National Services Tariff (NST) in order to withdraw item 720.87 – Master Agreement – Customer Specific Agreement.
2. Bell Canada indicated that this arrangement has expired and the tariff is no longer required. The company also indicated that no customers currently subscribe to this service.
3. The Commission approved Bell Canada’s application on an interim basis in Telecom Order 2011-745.
4. The Commission received no comments regarding Bell Canada’s application. The public record of this proceeding, which closed on 25 January 2012, is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file number provided above.
5. The Commission notes that since no customers currently subscribe to this service, customer notification is not required. The Commission considers that Bell Canada has complied with the requirements set out in Telecom Decision 2008-22, in which the Commission revised its procedures for dealing with applications to destandardize and/or withdraw tariffed services.
6. Accordingly, the Commission finds that Bell Canada’s proposal to withdraw the above-noted service is acceptable.
7. In light of the above, the Commission approves on a final basis Bell Canada’s application, effective the date of this order.
- Telecom Order CRTC 2011-745, 1 December 2011
- Mandatory customer contract renewal notification and requirements for service destandardization/withdrawal, Telecom Decision CRTC 2008-22, 6 March 2008
- Date modified: