ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-581
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2012-224
Ottawa, 22 October 2012
Application 2012-0009-7, received 6 January 2012
Public hearing in the National Capital Region
19 June 2012
CIHT-FM Ottawa/Gatineau – Licence renewal
1. The Commission renews the broadcasting licence for the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CIHT-FM Ottawa from 1 December 2012 to 31 August 2019.1 The terms and conditions of licence are set out in the appendix to this decision. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. In Broadcasting Decision 2009-169, the licence for CIHT-FM was renewed for a short term of four years based on the licensee’s failure to comply with its condition of licence relating to contributions to Canadian talent development (CTD).
3. The Commission finds that the licensee has operated its undertaking in compliance with its conditions of licence and the Radio Regulations, 1986 and that it has addressed the concerns raised by the Commission in Broadcasting Decision 2009-169 regarding CTD contributions.
4. Because this licensee is subject to the Employment Equity Act and files reports concerning employment equity with the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development, its employment equity practices are not examined by the Commission.
- Administrative renewals, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-341, 22 June 2012
- CIHT-FM Ottawa/Gatineau – Licence renewal, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-169, 31 March 2009
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
Appendix to Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-581
Terms and conditions of licence
The licence will expire 31 August 2019.
Conditions of licence
- The licensee shall adhere to the standard conditions of licence set out in Conditions of licence for commercial AM and FM radio stations, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-62, 11 February 2009.
- As an exception to the percentage of Canadian musical selections set out in the Radio Regulations, 1986, the licensee shall devote to Canadian selections 40% or more of its musical selections from content category 2 (Popular Music) during the broadcast week and between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. in any period beginning on Monday and ending on Friday of the same week.
- Date modified: