ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-580
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 19 October 2012
TELUS Communications Company – Addition of two new speeds to Wholesale Internet ADSL Service
File number: TCC Tariff Notice 445
1. The Commission received an application from TELUS Communications Company (TCC), dated 26 September 2012, in which TCC proposed revisions to its Carrier Access Tariff item 226 - Wholesale Internet ADSL [asymmetric digital subscriber line] Service. Specifically, the company proposed to add two new speeds to the service: 25-megabits per second (Mbps) Business Service and 50-Mbps Residential Service.
2. TCC filed cost studies in support of its application. The company requested that the new service speeds take effect on 29 October 2012.
3. The Commission notes that in Telecom Regulatory Policy 2010-632, it determined that incumbent local exchange carriers are required to provide wholesale high-speed access services to competitors at speeds that match all speed options that carriers offer to their own retail Internet service customers.
4. The Commission also notes that it is currently reviewing a number of applications to review and vary Telecom Regulatory Policies 2011-703 and 2011-704 regarding wholesale high-speed access services, and that the determinations in that proceeding could impact TCC’s proposed wholesale high-speed Internet access costs and rates.
5. Accordingly, the Commission approves TCC’s application on an interim basis, effective 29 October 2012.
- Billing practices for wholesale business high-speed access services, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-704, 15 November 2011
- Billing practices for wholesale residential high-speed access services, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-703, 15 November 2011, as amended by Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-703-1, 22 December 2011
- Wholesale high-speed access services proceeding, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2010-632, 30 August 2010
- Date modified: