ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-448
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 17 August 2012
TELUS Communications Company – Digital Network Access service tariff amalgamation
File numbers: TCC Tariff Notices 429, 429A, and 429B, TCI Tariff Notices 640 and 640A, TCBC Tariff Notices 4352 and 4352A
1. The Commission received three applications from TELUS Communications Company (TCC), dated 9 April 2012, all of which were amended on 2 May 2012 and one of which was subsequently amended on 6 June 2012. In its applications, TCC proposed revisions to amalgamate its Alberta and British Columbia Digital Network Access tariffs into its General Tariff (GT) CRTC 21461. Specifically, the company proposed to
- introduce TCC GT item 500 – Digital Network Access; and
- remove TCC GT item 520 – OCN Digital Network Access, former TELUS Communications Inc. GT item 500 – Digital Network Access, and former TELUS Communications (B.C.) Inc. GT item 447 – Digital Network Access (DNA).
2. TCC submitted that the proposed amalgamation would, among other things, (i) consolidate and align common definitions, (ii) correct cross-references, (iii) remove the requirement for customers to purchase separate accesses for voice and data services, and (iv) involve the withdrawal of certain rate elements that are no longer used.
3. TCC requested that the proposed revisions take effect on 23 July 2012.
4. The Commission received comments, dated 9 May 2012, from MTS Inc. and Allstream Inc. (collectively, MTS Allstream).1 The public record of this proceeding is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file numbers provided above.
5. In TELUS Communications Company – Digital Network Access service tariff amalgamation, Telecom Order CRTC 2012-376, 11 July 2012, the Commission addressed MTS Allstream’s comments and approved TCC’s proposal on an interim basis, effective 23 July 2012. The Commission considers that no further issues have been raised by the applications.
6. Accordingly, the Commission approves on a final basis TCC’s proposal.
 As of early 2012, MTS Allstream Inc. became known as two separate entities, namely, MTS Inc. and Allstream Inc.
- Date modified: