ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-305
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 23 May 2012
Télébec, Limited Partnership – Centrex service
File number: Tariff Notice 444
1. The Commission received an application by Télébec, Limited Partnership (Télébec), dated 8 May 2012, in which the company proposed to modify its General Tariff item 2.1 – Basic services and regional service. Specifically, the company proposed to correct errors in the rates charged to its Centrex service customers in the exchanges of Ste-Eulalie and Arthabaska/Gentilly.
2. In Tariff Notice 415 (TN 415), Télébec proposed to increase its Centrex service rate by approximately five percent in the Ste-Eulalie exchange. This increase was approved by the Commission and took effect on 1 June 2010. However, in the current application, Télébec submitted that it had not applied this increase to the bills of its customers in the Ste-Eulalie exchange.
3. Télébec also submitted that, since 1 June 2010, it has been billing the rate approved for its Centrex service in the Ste-Eulalie exchange to customers in the Arthabaska/Gentilly exchange. Télébec indicated that it had not proposed to modify its Centrex service rate for the Arthabaska/Gentilly exchange in TN 415. The company stated, however, that its Centrex service customers in the Arthabaska/Gentilly exchange had been informed of the rate increase for this service before the increase took effect.
4. Télébec submitted that this situation results from an administrative error.
5. Télébec therefore requested that the Commission ratify the charging of the rate for the company’s Centrex service customers in the exchanges of Ste-Eulalie and Arthabaska/Gentilly for the period from 1 June 2010 to the date its application is approved. Télébec also requested that the Commission approve its proposed tariff modifications regarding its Centrex service in these two exchanges so that the new tariff reflects the rate billed to customers in these exchanges since 1 June 2010.
Commission’s analysis and determinations
6. The Commission notes that Centrex services are classified as uncapped services according to Follow-up to Decision 2007-27 – Show cause submission related to the application of the price cap regime to Télébec, Limited Partnership, Telecom Decision CRTC 2007-60, 30 July 2007, as amended by Telecom Decision CRTC 2007-60-1, 10 August 2007. The Commission notes that, in that decision, it found that there are no upward pricing constraints for these services.
7. Accordingly, the Commission considers that Télébec’s proposed tariff modifications regarding its Centrex service in the exchanges of Ste-Eulalie and Arthabaska/Gentilly are acceptable.
8. The Commission approves on an interim basis Télébec’s proposed tariff modifications regarding its Centrex service in the exchanges of Ste-Eulalie and Arthabaska/Gentilly, effective the date of this order. The Commission will address the rate ratification request, and any other issues related to the application, if necessary, in a subsequent order.
- Date modified: