ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-232
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 20 April 2012
Gosfield North Communications Co-operative Limited – Increase to local residential service rate
File number: Tariff Notice 18
1. The Commission received an application by Gosfield North Communications Co-operative Limited (Gosfield North), dated 4 April 2012, proposing a revision to item 4 of its General Tariff – Rate Schedules for Primary Exchange (Local) Service, in order to increase the rate for residential individual-line service.
2. Specifically, the company proposed to raise the monthly rate for residential individual-line service from $23.95 to $25.95, consistent with determinations made in Obligation to serve and other matters, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-291, 3 May 2011 (Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-291).
3. Gosfield North stated that it had implemented the rate increase to $25.95 on 1 August 2011, but that due to an oversight on its part, it did not file a tariff notice at that time requesting the Commission’s approval for the rate increase. Accordingly, the company requested that the Commission ratify the charging of the rate of $25.95 from 1 August 2011 to the date of this Order, pursuant to subsection 25(4) of the Telecommunications Act.
4. The Commission notes that in Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-291, it determined that the small incumbent local exchange carriers (small ILECs) would be allowed to increase their monthly residential rates in three equal increments, to a maximum of $30, over a three-year period.
5. The Commission considers that Gosfield North’s proposed rate increase complies with the determinations in Telecom Regulatory Policy 2011-291 regarding increases to the small ILECs’ residential individual-line service rates.
6. The Commission approves on an interim basis Gosfield North’s proposal to increase its rate for residential individual-line service.
7. The Commission will address the ratification request made in this application in a subsequent order.
- Date modified: