ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-166
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 21 March 2012
CoopTel – Introduction of support structure service and related agreement
1. The Commission received an application by CoopTel, dated 31 August 2011 and amended on 18 October 2011, in which the company proposed to introduce General Tariff Section 5.3 – Support Structure Service. As part of its application, on 1 November 2011, CoopTel submitted its proposed support structure agreement (SSA).
2. The Commission received comments about the proposed tariff section from Bell Canada, as well as joint comments from Bragg Communications Inc., operating as EastLink; Cogeco Cable Inc.; Rogers Communications Partnership; Shaw Communications Inc.; and Quebecor Media Inc., on behalf of its affiliate Videotron G.P.
3. The Commission approved CoopTel’s proposed tariff and SSA on an interim basis in Telecom Order 2011-787.
4. The public record of this proceeding is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file numbers provided above.
5. The Commission notes that in Telecom Order 2011-787, it indicated that a proceeding related to tariff revisions concerning Bell Canada’s support structures was under way, and that the determinations it would make in that proceeding could affect the conditions CoopTel was proposing in its tariff and its SSA. The Commission made its determinations related to that proceeding in Telecom Order 2012-139, in which, among other things, it approved Bell Canada’s request to align the French version of its Support Structure Tariff with the English version to provide that notification of the attachment of a subscriber drop wire to a service pole is to be made 30 days after such placement.
6. The Commission considers that certain modifications to CoopTel’s proposed tariff are required in order to i) reflect the above-mentioned Commission determination and ii) clarify that the pole rental charge applicable when a licensee has equipment attached to a pole, including subscriber drop wires, applies only once per pole per licensee.
7. In light of the above, the Commission approves on a final basis CoopTel’s application, effective the date of this order, subject to the modifications set out in the appendix.
8. The Commission directs CoopTel to
- modify its proposed tariff as set out in the appendix; and
- file with the Commission, for information purposes, revised tariff pages as set out in the appendix, within 15 days of the date of this order.
Modifications to CoopTel’s proposed tariff
CoopTel must make the following modifications to its proposed tariff (the modifications are in bold italic font):
- On page 1, item 5.3.1 - Politique de branchement d’abonnés
Lorsqu’un titulaire fait déjà usage d’une structure de soutènement, il n’est tenu d’aviser l’Entreprise que de son intention de procéder à un ou plusieurs branchements d’abonné supplémentaires. Si un avis d’un ou plusieurs branchements d’abonné est requis, cet avis doit être fourni au plus tard trente (30) jours civils suivant les branchements en question.
- On page 2, item 5.3.5 - Loyer pour attache (move the last sentence to follow the first one)
Pour chaque présence du titulaire sur un poteau en vertu duquel il obtient le droit de poser ses attaches, un loyer mensuel de 1,10 $ est exigible. Ce frais s’applique également aux branchements d’abonnés du titulaire rattachés à ce poteau. Ce frais est applicable qu’une seule fois par poteau par titulaire.
- Date modified: