ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2012-160
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 19 March 2012
Saskatchewan Telecommunications – Increases to Network Access Service rates in high-cost serving areas
File numbers: Tariff Notices 265 and 265A
1. The Commission received an application by Saskatchewan Telecommunications (SaskTel), dated 15 December 2011, in which the company proposed revisions to its General Tariff – Basic Services items 110.10 – Network Access Service – Discontinued1 and 110.12 – Network Access Service.2 Specifically, SaskTel proposed to change the rate structure of and raise the rates for its Network Access Service in high-cost serving areas in Rate Group 1, effective 1 February 2012.
2. On 19 January 2012, SaskTel submitted an amendment to its application, requesting an effective date of 1 April 2012 for its proposed rate changes to item 110.10.
3. The Commission received no comments regarding SaskTel’s application. The public record of this proceeding, which closed on 13 February 2012, is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file numbers provided above.
4. SaskTel’s application was approved with changes on an interim basis in Saskatchewan Telecommunications – Increases to Network Access Service rates in high-cost serving areas, Telecom Order CRTC 2012-63, 30 January 2012 (Telecom Order 2012-63).
5. SaskTel issued revised tariff pages reflecting the Commission’s directions in Telecom Order 2012-63 on 1 February 2012.
6. In light of the above, the Commission approves on a final basis SaskTel’s application, subject to the changes set out in paragraph 13 of Telecom Order 2012-63.
 Network Access Service – Discontinued is the furnishing of a telecommunications facility between SaskTel’s central office and the network interface demarcation point at the customer’s premises. The standard basic network access for this item is rotary dial. This item has not been available for new installations, additions, or moves since 1990.
 Network Access Service is the furnishing of a telecommunications facility between SaskTel’s central office and the network interface demarcation point at the customer’s premises. The standard basic network access for this item is touch-tone.
- Date modified: