ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-12
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 26 October 2011
Ottawa, 12 January 2012
Radio communautaire Intergénération Jardin du Québec
Saint-Rémi, Napierville and Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur, Quebec
Applications 2011-1386-0, 2011-1404-0 and 2011-1405-8
CHOC-FM Saint-Rémi – Licence amendment and new transmitters in Napierville and Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur
1. The Commission approves the applications by Radio communautaire Intergénération Jardin du Québec to amend the broadcasting licence for the French-language community radio programming undertaking CHOC-FM Saint-Rémi in order to relocate the transmitter in Saint-Rémi and to add new transmitters in Napierville and Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with the application to relocate the transmitter in Saint-Rémi and received many interventions in support of the applications to add new transmitters. The implementation is subject to the notification by the Department of Industry (the Department) discussed in paragraph 7.
2. The applicant stated that the relocation of the Saint-Rémi transmitter will allow it to increase the average effective radiated power (ERP) from 250 to 547 watts, to change the antenna radiation pattern from non-directional to directional, to increase the maximum ERP from 250 to 1,750 watts and to increase the effective height of antenna above average terrain (EHAAT) from 30 to 62.9 metres.
3. The applicant wishes to relocate the transmitter in Saint-Rémi and to increase the ERP in order to resolve reception problems within the station’s licensed service area and to allow the entire regional county municipality of Jardins-de-Napierville to receive the station’s signal.
4. The transmitter in Napierville will operate at 103.5 MHz (channel 278A) with an average ERP of 1,188 watts (directional antenna with a maximum ERP of 3,800 watts and an EHAAT of 59.1 metres).
5. The transmitter in Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur will operate at 102.9 MHz (channel 275A1) with an average ERP of 117 watts (directional antenna with a maximum ERP of 250 watts and an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 34.3 metres).
6. The applicant also stated that the addition of new transmitters in Napierville and St-Jacques-le-Mineur will solve signal reception problems for CHOC-FM Saint-Rémi.
Condition prior to the implementation of the new technical parameters and transmitters
7. The Commission reminds the licensee that pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued. Therefore, in the absence of the notification by the Department, the applicant will not be able to implement the relocation of the transmitter in Saint-Rémi and the new transmitters in Napierville and Saint-Jacques-le-Mineur approved in this decision.
8. The transmitters must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 12 January 2014. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: