ARCHIVED - Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-614-4
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Additional references: Telecom Notices of Consultation 2011-614, 2011-614-1, 2011-614-2, and 2011-614-3
Ottawa, 11 April 2013
Call for comments
Amended proceeding to consider a model Municipal Access Agreement
File number: 8690-C12-201113125
In this notice, the Commission approves a request from the CISC ad hoc working group developing a model Municipal Access Agreement to file its report by 28 June 2013.
1. In Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-614-1, the Commission requested that the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) establish an ad hoc working group to develop a model Municipal Access Agreement (MAA). The Commission also requested that this working group report back to the Commission within 180 days of the date of Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-614-1 (i.e. by 7 August 2012).
2. In Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-614-3, the Commission amended the reporting deadline to 15 April 2013, in response to a request from the ad hoc working group, called the CISC Model Municipal Access Agreement Working Group (MAWG).
3. In a letter dated 26 March 2013, the chair of the CISC MAWG requested an extension of the reporting deadline to 28 June 2013. The letter stated that additional time would allow the CISC MAWG to continue to negotiate and develop a broader consensus on the model MAA.
4. The Commission has examined the CISC MAWG’s request and considers that it is reasonable in view of the progress that has been made to date. Therefore, the reporting deadline set out in Telecom Notice of Consultation 2011-614-3 is amended, and the CISC MAWG is to report back to the Commission by 28 June 2013.
- Proceeding to consider a model Municipal Access Agreement, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2011-614, 23 September 2011, as amended by Telecom Notices of Consultation CRTC 2011-614-1, 7 February 2012; 2011-614-2, 3 August 2012; and 2011-614-3, 29 November 2012
- Implementation of regulatory framework – Development of carrier interfaces and other procedures, Telecom Public Notice CRTC 96-28, 1 August 1996
 The CISC was established pursuant to Telecom Public Notice 96-28 to identify issues and propose solutions for consideration by the Commission.
- Date modified: