ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-514
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Route reference: 2011-336
Ottawa, 19 August 2011
Application 2011-0608-9, received 30 March 2011
Public hearing in the National Capital Region
18 July 2011
The Beautiful Little Channel – Acquisition of assets (corporate reorganization)
1. The Commission approves an application by ZoomerMedia Limited (Zoomer) for authority to acquire, as part of a corporate reorganization, the assets of the English-language Category 2 specialty programming undertaking known as The Beautiful Little Channel, from MZ Media Inc. (MZ Media), and for a broadcasting licence to continue the operation of the undertaking under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. MZ Media is a corporation wholly owned by Zoomer, a corporation controlled by Mr. Moses Znaimer.
3. This transaction will be effected through the transfer of the assets of The Beautiful Little Channel from MZ Media to Zoomer.
4. The Commission notes that this reorganization will not affect the effective control of The Beautiful Little Channel, which will continue to be exercised by Mr. Znaimer.
5. Upon surrender of the broadcasting licence currently issued to MZ Media Inc., the Commission will issue a broadcasting licence to ZoomerMedia Limited under the same terms and conditions as those in effect under the current licence.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: