ARCHIVED - Letter
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Mr. Denis E. Henry
Vice-President – Legal, Regulatory and Government Affairs
and Chief of Privacy
Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership
160 Elgin Street, 19th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2C4
Mr. Mirko Bibic
Senior Vice-President – Government and Regulatory Affairs
160 Elgin Street, 19th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2C4
Ms. Teresa Griffin-Muir
Vice-President, Regulatory Affairs
MTS Allstream Inc.
45 O’Connor Street, Suite 1400
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A4
Mr. Ted Woodhead
Vice-President – Telecom Policy and Regulatory Affairs
TELUS Communications Company
215 Slater Street, 8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 0A6
Dear Madam, Sirs:
Re: Follow-up to Use of deferral accounts to improve access to telecommunications services for persons with disabilities and to expand broadband services to rural and remote communities, Telecom Decision CRTC 2008-1 (Telecom Decision 2008-1)
To further assist the Commission in its consideration of the proposals of Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership and Bell Canada (collectively, the Bell companies), MTS Allstream Inc. (MTS Allstream), and TELUS Communications Company (TCC) to dispose of the funds remaining in their deferral accounts, these companies are requested to provide a response to the additional interrogatories provided in the attachment by 25 May 2010.
Should any party wish to file additional comments with respect to the responses of the Bell companies, MTS Allstream and TCC, they may do so by 1 June 2010. Further, the Bell companies, MTS Allstream and TCC may file reply comments with respect to these additional comments by 8 June 2010.
Original signed by
Competition, Costing & Tariffs
c.c.: Donald R. Heale, CRTC, (819) 997-2755, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interrogatory for the Bell companies
Deferral Account Balance
- Refer to the attachment provided in your response to The Companies(CRTC)9Mar10-301-DA, filed with the Commission on 30 March 2010:
- At paragraph 414 of Telecom Decision 2002-34, the Commission determined that amounts in deferral accounts would bear interest at the incumbent local exchange carriers’ short term cost of debt effective 1 June 2002 and modified annually thereafter. Provide your companies’ short term cost of debt for each year over the periods: 1 June 2006 to 31 May 2010. Provide your companies’ views regarding the inclusion of the annual interest amounts in your accumulated balance beyond 31 May 2006.
- The companies had recurring amounts accruing into the deferral account until they implemented rate reductions on 1 June 2009 to clear the recurring balance. Provide your companies’ views regarding the inclusion of these recurring amounts in your accumulated balance until 1 June 2009.
Interrogatory for MTS Allstream
Deferral Account Balance
- Refer to the attachment provided in your response to MTS Allstream(CRTC)9Mar10-301 TDC 2008-1, filed with the Commission on 30 March 2010:
- At paragraph 414 of Telecom Decision 2002-34, the Commission determined that amounts in deferral accounts would bear interest at the incumbent local exchange carriers’ short term cost of debt effective 1 June 2002 and modified annually thereafter. Provide your company’s short term cost of debt for each year over the periods: 1 June 2006 to 31 May 2010. Provide your company’s views regarding the inclusion of the annual interest amounts in your accumulated balance beyond 31 May 2006.
- MTS Allstream shows a negative recurring amount accruing in the deferral account at 31 May 2007. Provide your company’s views regarding the inclusion of these recurring amounts in your accumulated balance beyond 31 May 2007.
Interrogatories for TCC
Deferral Account Balance
- Refer to the attachment provided in your response to TELUS(CRTC)9Mar10-301, filed with the Commission on 26 April 2010: At paragraph 414 of Telecom Decision 2002-34, the Commission determined that amounts in deferral accounts would bear interest at the incumbent local exchange carriers’ short term cost of debt effective 1 June 2002 and modified annually thereafter. Provide your company’s short term cost of debt for each year over the periods: 1 June 2007 to 31 May 2010. Provide your company’s views regarding the inclusion of annual interest amounts in your accumulated balance beyond 31 May 2006.
- In TELUS(CRTC)9Mar10-301, filed with the Commission on 26 April 2010, TCC identified that for TCC’s Quebec territory there existed a remaining balance available for customer rebates:
- Describe the manner in which TCC proposes to rebate this balance to subscribers. Also, identify any proposed promotions that might be offered in lieu of a rebate.
- Provide the estimated amount of rebate to be provided and the estimated number of customers that would receive the rebate. Identify the implementation costs that would be deducted from the amount available for rebates.
- Provide a list of all non-high cost serving area exchanges where the rebate would be applied.
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Davobergeron@yahoo.ca; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Silvergirl46@hotmail.com; Dodie865@hotmail.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; bob.Allen@abccomm.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Stephanie.Haddow@axia.com;
- Date modified: