ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2010-918
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 6 December 2010
Télébec, Limited Partnership – Wireless Service Provider Enhanced 9-1-1 Service
File number: Tariff Notice 393
1. On 24 July 2009, Télébec, Limited Partnership (Télébec) filed Tariff Notice 393, requesting Commission approval for its revised General Tariff item 3.6, Wireless Service Provider Enhanced 9-1-1 Service (WSP E9-1-1 Service). Télébec filed this application pursuant to certain requirements set out in Telecom Regulatory Policy 2009-40, in which the Commission mandated all incumbent local exchange carriers to file proposed revised WSP E9-1-1 Service tariffs associated with the implementation of Phase II Stage 1 of that service. The Commission approved the application, including Télébec’s proposed monthly rate of $0.0039 per wireless telephone number associated with the Phase II Stage 1 element of the service, on an interim basis in Telecom Order 2009-473, effective 24 August 2009.
2. The Commission received no comments regarding Télébec’s application. The public record of this proceeding, which closed on 8 September 2009, is available on the Commission’s website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file number provided above.
Should the Commission approve the application on a final basis?
3. Télébec submitted that it currently uses Bell Canada’s rate associated with the Phase I element of WSP E9-1-1 Service and that it plans to outsource Phase II Stage 1 of the service to Bell Canada without incurring any of its own development costs. Télébec therefore proposed to use the same rate that Bell Canada initially proposed on 4 June 2009 for the Phase II Stage 1 element of WSP E9-1-1 Service.
4. The Commission approves on a final basis Télébec’s Tariff Notice 393, effective 24 August 2009.
- Telecom Order CRTC 2009-473, 5 August 2009
- Implementation of wireless Phase II E9-1-1 service, Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2009-40, 2 February 2009
 WSP E9-1-1 service provides WSPs with access to the incumbent local exchange carriers’ 9-1-1 networks in order to transport WSPs’ end-customer call display information to the public safety answering points.
 Implementation of WSP E9-1-1 Service has been accomplished in two phases: the Phase I element provides call number, cell/site location sector information, and WSP identification, while the Phase II Stage 1 element provides longitudinal and latitudinal information regarding caller location in addition to the information provided in Phase I.
- Date modified: