ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2010-711
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 24 September 2010
CISC consensus report - Changes to the relief implementation plan for area code 204 in Manitoba
File number: 8698-C12-200908098
1. On 19 July 2010, the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) ad hoc committee for area code 204 in Manitoba submitted the following consensus report and associated Relief Implementation Plan for Commission approval:
- Relief Planning Committee (RPC) Recommendation for the NPA 204 Relief Implementation Plan, 9 July 2010 (204RE02A)
2. In its consensus report, the RPC recommended that
a) the recommendation in line 10 of the original RPC NPA 204 Planning Document that those telecommunications service providers (TSPs) who face network limitations in providing industry-standard recorded announcements with automatic call completion be required to submit written requests to Commission staff for relief from that obligation be removed; and
b) each TSP be required to modify its network to permit 10-digit local dialing on a permissive basis, in addition to 7-digit local dialing, by 1 December 2011. The RPC indicated that this item should be included between line items 25 and 26 in its Proposed Relief Implementation Schedule.
3. With respect to item 2.a), as indicated in Code relief for area code 204 in Manitoba, Telecom Decision CRTC 2010-526, 28 July 2010, the Commission has retained the general obligation for all relevant TSPs to inform all customers about dialing plan changes but has concluded that TSPs may determine the appropriate methods to inform their customers. Accordingly, the Commission agrees that the recommendation in line 10 of the original RPC Planning Document be removed.
4. With respect to item 2.b), the Commission agrees that the recommendation should be added between line items 25 and 26 of the original relief implementation schedule.
5. The consensus report can be found under “Reports” on the 19 July 2010 CISC meeting agenda, which is available on the Commission’s website.
6. The Commission has reviewed and approves the above-noted consensus report and associated Relief Implementation Plan.
- Date modified: