ARCHIVED - Telecom Order CRTC 2010-345
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 4 June 2010
Globility Communications Corporation – Update to Competitive Local Exchange Carrier General Tariff
File number: Tariff Notices 14 and 14A
1. The Commission received an application by Globility Communications Corporation (Globility), dated 26 April 2010, and amended on 30 April 2010, proposing revisions to a number of items in its Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) General Tariff. Globility indicated that the proposed revisions to these items were filed in response to a Commission staff letter dated 16 March 2010 dealing with updates to CLEC Model Tariff version 32.
2. Globility also requested that the Commission ratify the rates proposed in the application, for interconnection services with wireless service providers (WSPs) in Alberta and British Columbia, from 26 April 2010 to the date the application is approved.
3. On 14 May 2010, the Commission approved Globility's proposed revisions on an interim basis.
4. The Commission received no comments regarding this application. The public record of this proceeding can be found on the Commission's website at www.crtc.gc.ca under “Public Proceedings” or by using the file numbers provided above.
5. The Commission considers that the proposed revisions are consistent with the updates to CLEC Model Tariff version 32, as set out in the 16 March 2010 letter referenced above.
6. With respect to Globility's request for ratification of the rates charged between 26 April 2010 and the date its application is approved, the Commission notes that, pursuant to subsection 25(4) of the Telecommunications Act, it may ratify the charging of a rate by a Canadian carrier otherwise than in accordance with a tariff approved by the Commission if it is satisfied that the rate was charged because of an error or other circumstance that warrants the ratification.
7. In Telecom Decision 97-8, the Commission considered that it was in the public interest to require CLECs to provide interconnection for WSPs at rates, terms, and conditions equivalent to those contained in the tariffs of the incumbent local exchange carriers. In Telecom Order 2010-144, the Commission approved the amalgamation of TELUS Communications Company's (TCC) tariffs related to the interconnection by WSPs into TCC's Carrier Access Tariff, effective 26 April 2010. The Commission notes that Globility has been charging the rates approved in Telecom Order 2010-144 since that date.
8. The Commission finds that, under the circumstances, it is appropriate to ratify the charging of the proposed rates for interconnection services with WSPs in Alberta and British Columbia by Globility otherwise than in accordance with its General Tariff, from 26 April 2010 to the date the company's application was granted interim approval.
9. Accordingly, the Commission approves on a final basis Globility's application. In addition, the Commission ratifies the rates charged by Globility for interconnection services with WSPs in Alberta and British Columbia, from 26 April to 13 May 2010.
- Globility Communications Corporation – Update to Competitive Local Exchange Carrier General Tariff, Telecom Order CRTC 2010-282, 14 May 2010
- TELUS Communications Company – Amalgamation of wireless interconnection tariffs, Telecom Order CRTC 2010-144, 11 March 2010
- Local competition, Telecom Decision CRTC 97-8, 1 May 1997
- Date modified: