ARCHIVED - Telecom Decision CRTC 2010-240
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 29 April 2010
CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee consensus item – Personal Communications Services Code Assignment Guidelines
File number: 8621-C12-01/08
1. On 7 January 2010, the Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering (CSCN) of the CRTC Interconnection Steering Committee (CISC) submitted the following consensus report to the Commission:
- CSCN TIF Report 83 re: TIF 75 CSCN Guidelines Review – Canadian Adjunct to the INC [Industry Numbering Committee] Personal Communications Services (PCS) 5YY NXX Code Assignment Guidelines, 17 December 2009 (CNRE083A)
2. The consensus report and guidelines are available on the Commission's website at www.crtc.gc.ca.
3. The Commission has reviewed the above-noted consensus report and guidelines and approves them with the following two modifications:
- In the Introduction section of the guidelines, the last sentence of the third paragraph, which reads "INC numbering resource guidelines generally apply in Canada unless replaced or modified by a CRTC-approved guideline or adjunct", is to be removed.
- The first sentence under the section "Modifications to INC Personal Communications Services (PCS) 5YY NXX Code Assignment Guidelines" should read as follows:
The CRTC has approved the following modifications to the INC Personal Communications Services (PCS) 5YY NXX Code Assignment Guidelines for use in Canada.
This document is available in alternative format upon request, and may also be examined in PDF format or in HTML at the following Internet site: http://www.crtc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: