ARCHIVED - Telecom Commission Letter - 8661-B2-200605967
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 16 August 2006
File No: 8661-B2-200605967
Mr. Mirko Bibic
Dear Mr. Bibic:
Re: Bell Canada application regrding recovery of wireline costs to enable wireless number portability
On 12 May 2006 , the Commission received an application by Bell Canada ( Bell ) requesting that it be allowed to recover that portion of the costs incurred by the Company to modify the wireline network to enable wireless number portability (WNP) through an exogenous adjustment. In addition, Bell requested that certain associated wireline revenue losses which are solely attributable to the introduction of WNP be recovered from the Company's deferral account.
Bell is requested to provide responses to the attached questions by 5 September 2006 . Comments by interested parties may be filed on 19 September and reply comments by the Applicant may be filed on 26 September.
1. With reference to the Company's 12 May 2006 application:
2. With reference to the Company's statement under Item 6.1, paragraph 15 of the supporting cost study provided in Appendix A:
3. With reference to Appendix A, Item 6.4.2, paragraph 20, Software, of the supporting cost study provided in Appendix A:
4. With reference to Appendix A, Item 6.4.3, Switching Equipment:
5. With reference to Appendix A, Item 6.4.3 Other:
6. With reference to Appendix A, Item 6.4.4, Service Provisioning, for each year of the study provide the expense cash flow for this activity and provide details of the labour unit costs and the associated labour hours and/or the applicable unit costs used to develop each of the following: i) order fulfilment; ii) administrative activities due to WNP and; iii) miscellaneous expenses related to network and trunking rearrangements.
7. With reference to Appendix A, Item 7.0, paragraph 26, explain, with supporting rationale, why the Company is including as a cost third-party floor space and power consumption related to WNP.
8. With reference to Table 1 of the Attachment and footnote #3, explain the 3 rd party services obtained from Telebec.
9. With reference to the study period:
10. Given the level of demand for WNP included in the demand forecast, particularly starting from 2007, provide the company's views as to whether it would simply ignore the demand, if the government had not mandated WNP. Comment on whether such a market demand and any company action to meet such demand would not constitute actions within the control of the company, and thus not meet the definition of exogenous adjustment.
Date Modified: 2006-08-16
- Date modified: