ARCHIVED - Telecom - Commission Letter - 8662-S49-01/01
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Ottawa, 2 September 2005
File No.: 8662-S49-01/01
By electronic mail
Re: Application by Mrs. Marie Stark and Mr. Chris Stark to review and vary Review of Regulatory Framework, Telecom Decision CRTC 94-19, 16 September 1994 - alternate dispute resolution process
This is further to the meeting held on 31 August 2005 , by way of a conference call, to discuss process issues (see the attachment for attendance).
At that meeting, Commission staff informed parties of the following:
• After the issuance of the Commission staff letter dated 5 August 2005 , Mr. Chris Stark verbally expressed to Commission staff interest in entering into an alternate dispute resolution process that would involve Mrs. Marie Stark, Mr. Chris Stark, Bell Canada and Commission staff.
• Commission staff verbally approached Bell Canada to determine whether the company would consider participating in such a process. Bell Canada indicated that it would.
Commission staff indicated that it considers that such an approach could be helpful in, for example, addressing underlying issues.
In light of the above, Commission staff advised parties of the following:
• A period of four weeks will be afforded to Mrs. Marie Stark and Mr. Chris Stark, and Bell Canada to enter into a staff-facilitated dispute resolution process.
• In approximately four weeks from the date of the conference call, Commission staff will advise parties of the results of the staff-facilitated dispute resolution process.
• At that time, and as required, the Commission will direct a new time limit, to a date two weeks later, to file responses to interrogatories that were due on 2 September 2005 , with the remaining schedule adjusted accordingly.
Original signed by Gerry Lylyk
c.c. Renée Gauthier, CRTC, (819) 994-5174
File No. 8662-S49-01/01 - Application by Mrs. Marie Stark and Mr. Chris Stark to review and vary Review of Regulatory Framework , Telecom Decision CRTC 94-19, 16 September 2004
ATTENDANCE AT THE MEETING OF 31 August 2005
Date Modified: 2005-09-29
- Date modified: