ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2002-423

This page has been archived on the Web

Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.

Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2002-423

Ottawa, 10 December 2002

Quebecor Media Inc., on behalf of Archambault Group Inc.
Province of Quebec

Application 2002-0669-0

Intracorporate reorganisation of Archambault Group Inc.


The Commission received an application by Quebecor Media Inc. (Quebecor Media), on behalf of Archambault Group Inc. (Archambault Group), to effect an intracorporate reorganization of Archambault Group.


Archambault Group is the licensee of Théâtre Archambault @ la maison, an English- and French-language regional video-on-demand service.


The proposed transaction would be implemented through the transfer of 91.3% of the voting interests held by Quebecor Communications Inc. (Quebecor Communications) to its parent company, Quebecor Media. The change is the result of the liquidation of Quebecor Communications. The remaining 8.7% of the voting interests will be shared among three shareholders, namely 2720035 Canada inc., Société en Commandite Quebecor Nouveaux Médias and 104892 Canada inc.


As a result of this transaction, the effective control of Archambault Group will rest with Quebecor Media. This transaction does not change the ultimate control of Archambault Group, which continues to be exercised by Les Placements Péladeau inc.


The Commission notes that the licensee has carried out the transaction without first obtaining the Commission's approval. The Commission reminds the licensee that it must, at all times, conform to section 6 of the Pay Television Regulations, 1990.


The Commission approves the application to effect an intracorporate reorganization of Archambault Group.


The Commission will modify its ownership records accordingly.

Secretary General

This decision is to be appended to the licence. It is available in alternative format upon request, and may be examined at the following Internet site :

Date Modified: 2002-12-10

Date modified: