Ottawa, 16 August 1999
Decision CRTC 99-237
Misty Isle TV Society
Queen Charlotte City; Skidegate and Sandspit, British Columbia - 199901426 - 199901434
Applications processed by
Public Notice CRTC 1999-85
dated 18 May 1999
1. The Commission renews the Class 3 licences for the cable distribution undertakings serving the above-noted communities, from 1 September 1999 to 31 August 2006.
2. The operation of these undertakings is regulated pursuant to Parts 1 and 3 of the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations. The licences will be subject to the conditions in effect under the current licences as well as to those conditions specified in this decision and in the licences to be issued.
3. The licensee may receive any authorized signals over the air, or from any licensed or exempted Canadian broadcasting distribution undertaking authorized to provide signals to other broadcasting distribution undertakings.
4. It is a condition of each licence that, for community programming and any other programming of a service that it originates, the licensee adhere to the guidelines on the depiction of violence in television programming set out in the Canadian Association of Broadcasters' Voluntary Code Regarding Violence in Television Programming, as amended from time to time and approved by the Commission.
5. Section 22 of the Broadcasting Act states that the Commission may not renew a licence unless the Department of Industry has certified that the licensee has been or will be issued a broadcasting certificate. Accordingly, this renewal is subject to the issuance of technical certification by the Department of Industry.
This decision is to be appended to the licence. It is available in alternative format upon request, and may also be viewed at the following Internet site: www.crtc.gc.ca