Agenda for Steering Committee Meeting of 16 April 2010
Type of meeting: Teleconference
1. Meeting will start at 11 a.m. Ottawa time
Dial-in number: 1-866-206-0153
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Approval of previous Steering Committee (SC) minutes
- a) SC Walk-around meeting of 9 March 2010 (SCMI1003.doc - 45KB)
5. a) New TIF
The Business Process Working Group (BPWG) submitted the following new TIF for approval:
- BPTF080 - New TIF to continue to develop and enhance V8 of the industry guidelines for the Installation, Testing and Maintenance of new and migrated unbundled loops and standalone porting of wireline/wireless (BPTF0080.doc - 60KB).
b) Tasks’ Assignment
Tasks assigned to CISC in Commission staff letter dated 5 March 2010 (CISC_re_Rogers_E911_application.pdf - 145KB) - Follow-up to Rogers Cable Communications Inc. application requesting that the Commission review the appropriateness of the ILECs controlling the E9-1-1 system in a competitive environment.
- 1) Change notification process - Find ways to improve the process by which municipal changes such as street name changes, address changes, boundary changes, amalgamations, and changes to public service answering point systems (PSAPs) are conveyed to all carriers.
- 2) Interconnection with competitors’ E9-1-1 test beds - Examine the technical feasibility of test bed interconnection between ILECs and competitors with the objective of providing competitors with the same or similar testing capabilities as the ILECs.
- 3) Competitor access to the ALI database - Examine technical feasibility of real-time access to the ALI database with the objective of providing competitors with the same or similar access and verification capabilities as the ILECs.
- a) The BPWG submitted a consensus report entitled “Installation, Testing and Maintenance of unbundled loops and standalone number portability guidelines Version 8” (BPRE069b.doc - 249KB and BPGLITMG80.zip - 60KB).
- b) The BPWG submitted a consensus report entitled: “Reduction of LSR Rejections” (BPRE079a.doc - 165KB)
- c) The Canadian Steering Committee on Numbering (CSCN) submitted a consensus report entitled: CSCN TIF Report 86 re TIF 75 CSCN Guidelines Review - Canadian Adjunct to the Industry Numbering Committee (INC) 9YY NXX Code Assignment Guidelines (CNRE086A.doc - 287KB)
- d) The CSCN submitted a consensus report entitled: “CSCN TIF Report 87 re: Reservation of Future Canadian Geographic NPA Codes for relief of existing Canadian NPAs forecast to exhaust in the next 25 year timeframe” (CNRE087A.doc - 82KB)
7. Chair Reports
i) CSCN Chair Report (Glen Pilley) (CNMR1001 Rev)
ii) NPA Relief Implementation Working Group (Glen Pilley) - (NPA_RPC_Chair_Report_Mar07_10.doc - 75KB)
iii) The Network Working Group (NTWG) (Rob Sired) (NTSC1001.doc - 136KB)
iv) BPWG (Peter Lang) (BPSRMar10.doc - 63KB)
v) Emergency Services Working Group (Chris Kellett) Chair Report (ESSR1001.pdf - 67KB)
vi) CRTC status report on files received from WGs (Mario Bertrand) (SCSR1001.doc - 346KB)
8. Other issues
9. Next meeting
Teleconference scheduled for 17 September 2010, 11 a.m. Ottawa time.
Face-to-face scheduled for 11 June 2010, 9 a.m. in Gatineau.
Walk-around SC meetings will be held as needed.
- Date modified: