Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2017-77
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 22 December 2016
Ottawa, 17 March 2017
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Victoria and Port Alice, British Columbia
CBCV-FM Victoria – New transmitter in Port Alice
- The Commission approves the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language radio programming undertaking CBCV-FM Victoria in order to operate an FM transmitter in Port Alice to rebroadcast the programming of its national English-language network service Radio One. The new low-power FM transmitter will replace the low-power AM transmitter CBUX Port Alice. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 92.3 MHz (channel 222LP) with an effective radiated power of 50 watts and an effective height of antenna above average terrain of -124.4 metres.
- The CBC stated that the FM transmitter will improve the quality of the Radio One signal in Port Alice.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 17 March 2019. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: