Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2016-27
References: Part 1 applications posted on 13 October 2015
Ottawa, 27 January 2016
Grande Prairie Radio Ltd.
Grande Prairie, Alberta, and Dawson Creek and Fort St. John, British Columbia
Applications 2015-1166-8 and 2015-1167-6
CJGY-FM Grande Prairie – New transmitters in Dawson Creek and Fort St. John
- The Commission approves applications by Grande Prairie Radio Ltd. to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language commercial specialty (Christian music) radio programming undertaking CJGY-FM Grande Prairie, Alberta, to operate FM rebroadcasting transmitters in Dawson Creek and Fort St. John, British Columbia. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding these applications.
- The transmitters will operate in accordance with the following technical parameters:
Location Frequency Channel Effective radiated power Effective height of antenna above average terrain Radiation pattern of antenna Dawson Creek 96.7 MHz 244A 280 watts 90.6 metres non-directional Fort St. John 97.1 MHz 246A 510 watts 251.8 metres non-directional
- The licensee stated that these transmitters would add programming diversity to the communities of Dawson Creek and Fort St. John, given that 95% of the station’s weekly musical sections are drawn from content subcategory 35 (Non-classic religious).
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, the authority for the new transmitters will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that broadcasting certificates will be issued.
- The transmitters must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 27 January 2018. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: