ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-539
This page has been archived on the Web
Reference: Part 1 application posted on 7 October 2015
Ottawa, 8 December 2015
Northern Native Broadcasting (Terrace, B.C.)
Terrace and Hartley Bay, British Columbia
CFNR-FM Terrace – New transmitter in Hartley Bay
- The Commission approves the application by Northern Native Broadcasting (Terrace, B.C.) to amend the broadcasting licence for the Type B Native FM radio programming undertaking CFNR-FM Terrace in order to operate a low-power FM rebroadcasting transmitter at Hartley Bay. The Commission did not receive any interventions regarding this application.
- The new transmitter will operate at 96.1 MHz (channel 241VLP), with an effective radiated power of 8 watts (non-directional antenna with an effective height above average terrain of -66.8 metres).Footnote 1
- The licensee stated that the Hartley Bay village government had requested that the programming of CFNR-FM be made available in Hartley Bay, adding that its signal was the community’s link to members in other communities, as well as an important source of news, culture and entertainment and emergency messages.
- Pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry (the Department) notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
- Given that the technical parameters approved in this decision are for a low-power unprotected FM service, the Commission also reminds the licensee that it will have to select another frequency if the Department so requires.
- The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 8 December 2017. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Footnote 1
These technical parameters reflect those approved by the Department of Industry.
- Date modified: