Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2015-167
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 20 February 2015
Ottawa, 29 April 2015
Rogers Media Inc.
Sechelt and Pender Harbour, British Columbia
CFUN-FM Sechelt and its transmitter CIPN-FM Pender Harbour – Technical changes
- The Commission approves the application by Rogers Media Inc. to change the authorized contours of CIPN-FM Pender Harbour, a transmitter for the English-language commercial radio programming undertaking CFUN-FM Sechelt, British Columbia (formerly CKKS-FM), by:
- relocating the transmitter site; and
- decreasing the effective height of antenna above average terrain from 297.0 to 268.1 metres.
- The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
- The licensee stated that the technical changes were necessary because the current tower facility is unsafe to climb.
- The Commission reminds the licensee that, pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
- Date modified: