ARCHIVED - Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2013-551-1
This page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. Archived Decisions, Notices and Orders (DNOs) remain in effect except to the extent they are amended or reversed by the Commission, a court, or the government. The text of archived information has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Changes to DNOs are published as “dashes” to the original DNO number. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Additional reference: 2013-551
Ottawa, 8 November 2013
Notice of hearing
24 November 2014
Review of wholesale services and associated policies
File number: 8663-C12-201313601
Changes to hearing date and procedure
1. With this notice, the Commission revises the hearing date and certain procedural dates established in Review of wholesale services and associated policies, Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2013-551, 15 October 2013.
2. By letter dated 18 October 2013, the Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC), on behalf of itself and other parties, requested an extension to the deadline for the filing of the first round of interventions in the current proceeding. PIAC claimed that an extension, from 6 December 2013 to 31 January 2014, would enable parties to procure expert advice and testimony, which could then be filed and considered early in the process.
3. The Commission considers this request to be reasonable. Given the length of the extension requested, the Commission considers it appropriate to also delay the hearing date by a short period.
4. Accordingly, the Commission revises the procedural dates for the proceeding as set out below. The relevant revised paragraph and amended Appendix 2 of the notice follow for ease of reference (changes are in bold italics):
41. Interested persons who wish to become parties to this proceeding must file an intervention with the Commission regarding the above-noted issues by 31 January 2014. The intervention must be filed in accordance with section 26 of the Rules of Procedure and must include one of the following statements in either the first or the last paragraph:
1. I request to appear at the public hearing.
2. I do not want to appear at the public hearing.
Estimated timeline for process associated with Telecom Notice of Consultation 2013-551
|First intervention due||31 January 2014|
|Requests for information (round 1) issued||March 2014|
|Second intervention due||June 2014|
|Requests for information (round 2) issued||July 2014|
|Public hearing||24 November – 5 December 2014|
|Final written submissions||December 2014|
 The other parties are Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership; Bell Canada; the Canadian Network Operators Consortium Inc.; Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc.; Rogers Communications Inc.; Saskatchewan Telecommunications; Shaw Cablesystems G.P.; TELUS Communications Company; and Videotron G.P.
 The deadline for the large incumbent carriers to submit responses to the Commission’s requests for information issued on 15 October 2013 remains 6 December 2013.
- Date modified: