Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2013-282
Route reference: Part 1 application posted on 2 April 2013
Ottawa, 10 June 2013
Shaw Television G.P. Inc. (the general partner) and Shaw Media Global Inc. (the limited partner), carrying on business as Shaw Television Limited Partnership
Winnipeg and Minnedosa, Manitoba
CKND-DT Winnipeg and its transmitter CKND-TV-2 Minnedosa – Licence amendment
1. The Commission approves the application by Shaw Television Limited Partnership1 to amend the broadcasting licence for the English-language conventional television programming undertaking CKND-DT Winnipeg in order to add a digital transmitter to replace its existing analog transmitter CKND-TV-2 Minnedosa. The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.
2. The new transmitter CKND-DT-2 Minnedosa will operate on channel 9 with a maximum effective radiated power (ERP) of 30,500 watts (average ERP of 17,900 watts with an effective height of antenna above average terrain of 374 metres).
3. The Commission reminds the licensee that pursuant to section 22(1) of the Broadcasting Act, this authority will only be effective when the Department of Industry notifies the Commission that its technical requirements have been met and that a broadcasting certificate will be issued.
4. The transmitter must be operational at the earliest possible date and in any event no later than 24 months from the date of this decision, unless a request for an extension of time is approved by the Commission before 10 June 2015. In order to ensure that such a request is processed in a timely manner, it should be submitted in writing at least 60 days before that date.
Public service announcements
5. The Commission expects the licensee to broadcast public service announcements and to inform viewers of the existence of the new transmitter by way of its website in a manner consistent with the requirements set out in sections 3 and 4 of the appendix to Regulations for the digital television transition, Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2011-198, 18 March 2011. Furthermore, the Commission expects the licensee to do this for a period of at least three months from the day this authorization is issued and before the licensee ceases to broadcast in analog or changes channel, whichever is sooner.
*This decision is to be appended to the licence.
 Shaw Television G.P. Inc. (the general partner) and Shaw Media Global Inc. (the limited partner), carrying on business as Shaw Television Limited Partnership
- Date modified: