Financial trends for conventional TV
Source: CRTC estimates (CRTC data collection; Ovum; MTM consumer data)
- Unless specifically mentioned, CBC/SRC is included in the revenues, Canadian contributions and market share, but is excluded from profits.
- English-language conventional TV figures include services that broadcast in third languages.
- To avoid residual disclosure, programs of national interest (PNI) in the French-language market only includes SRC, Quebecor and Remstar. These groups account for the large majority of PNI expenditures in the French-language market. The remainder of the French-language conventional stations are included in English-language PNI expenditures.
- PBIT and PBIT margin are the measures used for the profits of conventional TV.
- Some figures may have been updated since the reference document.